RESCHEDULED: July 18th, 2020
Please note our rescheduled date. We would like to encourage folks to ride their bikes in 2020! We are working on finalizing many changes to the ride for 2020 that include physical distancing measures so that everyone can ride safely, but also enjoy the beauty of the Lebanon Valley.
Ride options include a beautiful metric century (62 miles), a rolling mid-distance (25 or 32) and a fun filled family ride (6 miles). Each route winds through rolling countryside, beautiful farmlands, young forests and past historic sites.
2020 Options for the TdLV:
- Supported ride: July 18, 2020 (CONFIRMED!)
- Supported ride will include: longer rolling start times, hand washing stations at the rest stop, multiple registration stations spread out, refreshments will include bottled beverages and manufacturer sealed nutritional items only.
- On-your-own adventure – whether we have a supported ride on July 18th or not, you can always choose to ride on your own. The roads will be marked by July 13th and you can choose to ride on your own anytime after. Details will be provided to participants through email.
If you are planning on RIDE DAY registration.
- COVID Waiver. We have two waivers this year all riders need to sign. A COVID-19 waiver and regular liability waiver will be required by all riders.
- Masks. We ask that you please wear a mask when registering at the expo and in the rest area when interacting with our volunteers. Our volunteers will be wearing masks to protect you.
- Hand Washing. You will find hand washing stations at the rest areas. Please wash your hands when arriving at the rest area.
- Food and drink. We are exercising a lot of caution this year with food and drink. Water will be provided in bottles. Gatorade is ONLY available at the Expo center before and after the ride. Food will be in manufacturer sealed packages only.
- Rolling start. We are asking that you register for a departure time. Please email the ride director with questions about this. We are also offering pre-registration (or swag pickup) on Friday night from 5:30pm-7:30pm at the expo. Metric Century riders, please be on the road by 7:30am! Mid-distance riders, please be on the road between 7:30 and 9:00am.
- Riding in Groups. Please keep your group size to a minimum and ride only with riders you ride with normally. (We recommend less than 6 people)
- Bodily fluids. Sorry folks, gotta talk about it! Please be EXTRA mindful of those snot rockets and spitting. If you can avoid it, please do. If not, please be aware of other riders and always check behind before doing it.
- Riders who have traveled recently. If you have traveled to a hot spot in the last 14 days we ask that you please ride on your own, before or after July 18th. These hot spots are defined by: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Travelers.aspx
The first 225 metric and mid-distance riders to register will receive a custom buff (doubles as a face mask!)
Swag bags are available to the first 200 registered riders.
By registering for this ride you will support our joint fundraising objective – a bicycle playground for kids! This project is currently underway and is a collaboration between SAMBA and the City of Lebanon. This project will bring the joy of cycling to our youth while also educating residents on proper bike etiquette and safety. In addition, you will support the great work of the Lebanon Valley Bicycle Coalition, the Lebanon Valley Conservancy and the Community Health Council of Lebanon County.
We know that you could choose to just ride on your own – but we hope that you will see value in our fund raising project and support the bike park being constructed at Coleman Memorial Park.
Check out www.VisitLebanonValley.com for ideas on more adventures in the Lebanon Valley. Experience the history through an architectural walking tour, savor the flavor with our craft breweries and restaurants, explore antique shops and so much more. Visit Lebanon Valley office is located at 31 S. 8th St. in Lebanon adjacent to the Lebanon Farmers Market.
Metric Century and Mid-Distance
$40 – on or before Saturday, July 4th
$55 – July 5 to race day
$5 per rider
The metric century and mid-distance routes cover rolling terrain with moderate elevation change. Please check out our maps for elevations profiles. There will be three rest stops on the metric century and one on the mid-distance miles ride. The family ride takes place on the Lebanon Valley Rail Trail.
Sign up TODAY!
TEAMS: We are offering a team discount. Please contact the ride director prior to registering.
Rain or Shine – No Refunds
If you are unable to attend the event after registering, your registration will be considered a tax deductible contribution to support the bicycle playground, Community Health Council, Lebanon Valley Bicycle Coalition and the Lebanon Valley Conservancy. Documentation can be provided, upon request.
The Lebanon Valley Expo Center
80 Rocherty Road, Lebanon PA 17042
*Metric Century rolling start: 6:00 am – 7:30am. We are making adjustments to our schedule to accomodate more physical distancing. We will announce the window for the rolling start closer to the event date. Your safety is our highest priority.
Mid-distance (25-35 miles) rolling start between 7:30am-9:00am. Please see statement above*
Family ride start 9am-10am.
Metric century and mid-distance riders will receive wrist bands at the check in. Online registration ends Friday, July 17th. Ride day registrations will be accepted.
Helmets are REQUIRED. Each route is well marked. The ride is fully supported with frequent rest stops and mechanical support. All rules of the road must be followed. On-site parking is available at the Lebanon Valley Expo. Children 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult rider.
PLEASE NOTE: The Tour de Lebanon Valley takes place rain or shine.
If you would like to volunteer for the Tour de Lebanon Valley – sign up here: